Saturday, March 22, 2008

Xubuntu Gutsy vs XP Pro SP3

I recently installed both Windows Service Pack 3 RC2 and Xubuntu Gutsy and after applying speed tweaks to both of them, i did a little speed test and here are my results:

.....................................................Xubuntu,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, XP Pro SP3

Time to boot ...................................48 sec ............1 min 4 sec
Ram usage after boot ...................125 mb ..........188 mb
Ram with firefox open .................145 mb ...........206 mb
Time to shutdown ........................19 sec ..............21 sec

I personaly think that is very good for both operating systems but for now i'll go back to xubuntu for my full time os and leave XP for games.
o and by the way my xubuntu install size is only 1.7 gb!!!

No comments: